Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Wedding Cake Sampling

Yesterday I met with an engaged couple for a wedding cake sampling. We did not go small, simple, or easy. We made four mini cakes, each with individual designs. They are ordering a cake covered with butter cream, no fondant, but we did put some fondant decor on each of them because it so much more lovely than all butter cream in my opinion.
The couple was so delighted to sample these cakes, and commented on how they were so impressed that I did not just bring some cupcakes or slices of cake. My mom and I really try to make everything we do exceptional. The couple chose spiced pear (yellow cake with a caramel spiced pear filling and a vanilla buttercream). They said that all the flavors were so good and it was hard to choose one, but the pear won because their theme is "the perfect pear".

They decided to pick Princess Buttercup ( chocolate cake, peanut butter buttercream with peanut buttercup chunks for filling, and peanut butter buttercream icing) for the grooms cake to present at the rehearsal dinner.

I'm looking forward to doing the cakes for them next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment