Thursday, July 15, 2010

The Fisherman



This week we only have birthday cakes for the family to do. My step dad asked for our German Chocolate Cake (so good). He doesn't like all the frills, so he asked for very little decor. We are still going to make a figure of a man fly fishing in a stream as the cake topper for fun. I thought I'd show everyone some of the steps to make a figurine for a cake topper. I start with some cloth covered wire and cover it with modeling chocolate. This makes a "skeleton" for the figure. Next I made some clothes for the fisherman out of fondant. I made his head and hands out of white modeling chocolate mixed with fondant because it easier to make facial expressions with this mixture. Check out the pictures of the steps to make a fly fisherman cake topper. These first two might not look like much but you'll see how the finished product comes together. Sorry these pictures are on they're sides - I'll turn them right side up next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment